Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Recruited; want a teaching job?

I got a call last week from someone I did not know, and when I returned the call, I had a huge surprise: it was a gentleman who was retiring from a small college in the Midwest, and he was actively recruiting for his own replacement. He found my vita on the internet and called me, wanting me to apply for his position! It was only slightly tempting; it would bring Hub and I closer to both parents, its a slightly larger school, and it was a huge compliment to receive the call. However, it would not solve our two-body problem. Aside from being separated, which sucks, we are relatively happy professionally and pretty ingrained in our community. And now that we are expecting right at the beginning of the Fall semester, its a no-go anyway.

But I really want to help the gentleman. He seemed very invested in his department/college, which suggests that it is a nice place to work. Any of my readers interested?? They need a physiologist. It is a small, private, liberal arts university in the midwest USA. It IS a CCCU college, so applicants need to be Christian in faith. If you want to know more, e-mail me at PUIprof at gmail dot com. If you remind me to check that account in the comments, I'll get to it faster...

1 comment:

  1. I like how you casually slipped in some pretty major news - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete