Monday, January 4, 2010

Well, vacation is over, isn't it?

I should not complain since unlike other working people, I don't have to be back to work today. But work is lurking, lurking.

I have to write a letter of reference (LOR) for a pre-professional student stat. He requested too late to form a committee, and the committee didn't form. Now his applications are showing a missing LOR. Looks like I have to step in and take care of it, because I am the advisor and head of the pre-professional committee.

Another LOR needs to be done soon.

And my favorite, showing high school students our cool sciencey-thing (CST). Two classes of HS students are coming this week before our classes start to see it. Our cool sciencey thing has some hazmat involved with it, so I am going to do the dog-and-pony show outside of the dedicated room for the CST, while our very qualified but uncredentialed person will be working on the inside. He really wanted me to do the leading of the CST, and when I resisted and he pushed, then I had to spill the beans about my condition. No one can argue with a pregnant lady that wants to avoid hazmat. Trump card.

However, I do start to worry that these two pregnancies are causing me to not be able to do my job enough that I need to be thinking about my "tenure" bid. More on that next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment