Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pining


I have described before here and here how hard it feels to have the Hub away for 4 days a week and managing the toddler by myself. There's also an element of loneliness to it, too. My level of pining for the hub increases exponentially from Monday morning, when he leaves to Thursday night when he returns.

With the pregnancy fatigue, the exponential that describes this pining has increased. It feels like on Thursday nights at dinnertime I am desperate for the help and intelligent companionship of my husband. It feels like a physical ache that subsumes my whole body, but especially my heart.

2 comments:

  1. The first trimester is rough enough by itself, but taking care of a toddler all on your own and being away from husband must make it extra hard! Hopefully the 2nd trimester will be easier {hugs}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Hub has a similar difference in pinning curves when you are pregnant/not pregnant.

    ReplyDelete