Saturday, March 20, 2010

Feeling Guilty?

Here's an e-mail interchange between Hub and I. You need
to know a few things:

1. I love pierogies
2. I hurt my ankle the day before and called him crying
from pain and frustration the night before

3. I have started to give a morning report by e-mail about
how Boy does in the AM; this was a particularly bad morning
in which Boy threw a huge fit and could only be "reset" by
using Daddy's trick of giving him a
bath


Hub: How are you?

Me: I'm very tired. My ankle turned overnight from very
painful and immobile to tender and annoying. If I am
concentrating on taking care of the boy, then I don't
feel it. If I am walking alone with my thoughts, it hurts.
I'm still walking slowly, but I am relatively functional
today.


Boy took to the bath, not instantly, but after a brief soak.
You saw (cell phone pic) that he insisted on having his sippy
cup in the bath with him (!). After, he his normal human self.
The only problem with this whole deal is that "hysteria
interventions" take TIME, so even though we woke up at a
(un)reasonable time (5:15) we were still rushed getting out
(7:30). He fell asleep in the car on the way to day care,
and as far as I know he may still be sleeping in one of
those pack-n-plays.

Hub:
Since I woke up earlier than usual this morning
(I called at 6:00a), I am a little tired. I did manage
a brief morning nap. In the end, I needed to skip my
shower and just slap a hat in in order to gain momentum
for getting out of the apartment.


That bruised skier apparently placed cheese on her shins
in preparation for the Olympics. Perhaps a pierogie or
two would help?


Me: On my shin?!?!? WASTE A PIEROGIE?!?!?!!? I'd rather
suffer.
Where's my husband? I want him back!
Daycare just called: 3 runny poos in his diaper in a very
short time.
If he doesn't eat well, I will have to pick
him up. (Then what??!?!)


Hub: Are there any available babysitter that you can locate
on short notice?


Me: They haven't called back yet.

BTW what I meant by "Where's my husband" was "Aliens have
abducted my husband that he would think I would waste a
pierogie for my shin" vs. "I want my husband here at home
to help me!"


Didn't think how that could be misinterpreted by a guy
who feels a little guilty about being away! Sorry.



Spoiler alert: I did have to get Boy from the daycare
and then couldn't bring him back the next day... the
subject of my next post, BUT the ankle healed rather
quickly. I'm starting to get my energy back, too. Yay.

1 comment:

  1. How did you get to love pierogies?

    Glad to hear your energy is back!

    ReplyDelete