Thursday, August 16, 2012

Game on!

It's here! The school year has officially started with preparations. The last two days we have had Faculty/Staff conference. A very good one, this year with the usual worship, president's address, and breakout sessions. A local actor/ comedian was the keynote, and believe-you-me it made for some of the least dreadful meetings of the year.

I feel good. I feel renewed, mind, body, etc. My kids are regularly letting me sleep 8 hours and nowadays if I'm sleep-deprived its usually my own damn fault. One of the women in my "Mommy Lunch"- a group of women with small kids that meet regularly for lunch, was left by her husband this spring. This has certainly curtailed my whining about Semi-single Motherhood.

Moerover, I have discovered that my sensitivity to caffeine is real. If I have a cup of coffee in the morning, and likely to be anxious and angry. Tea? Pleasant and energized. I LOVE coffee, but I love peace, too. So I gotta cut the coffee out. 

I have a light load this semester, too- something I'm really looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment