Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I've outed myself

I had the health-related students I teach play a game yesterday. "I'll tell you about a patient and list the complaints one at a time and you shout out when you think you know what the diagnosis is:"
(on the board)
serious fatigue
changes in appetite
weight gain
pain in the inguinal region especially when standing from a sitting position
nausea
joint laxity
and then
amennorhea

Someone in both sections got it after the second symptom, but then were stumped by the fourth. I explained the origin of each symptom, and then said that they know the patient: me.
They all smiled and congratulated me. That made me feel great.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! Congrats for coming out! Now they will all treat you nicer than normal. You need to add that as a symptom:

    "Increased number of sympathetic glances from passers-by"

    ReplyDelete