Monday, October 1, 2012

Roosters Crowing

Our program has some distinctives of which we are proud. But I have never worked elsewhere, and sometimes when I hear these great things being promoted, I worry that we are just a little rooster crowing, and that what we have isn't so different or important in the big picture.

This weekend I went to a SOM  (med school) open house. This is the opportunity for the SOM to crow ITS distinctives to anyone who has traveled to hear the big rooster crow, and who wants to score a little chance to network. I usually take students and do some networking myself.

While on a tour, the second-year student guides were telling us about their very special facility that they thought was to-tal-ly awesome. Well, good for you guys. We've had one of those for 7 years. I asked, "How many of your class had this in their undergraduate institution?" The reply? Two out of 200 nationally selected students.

Well, cock-a-doodle-do!

No comments:

Post a Comment